The legalization of recreational cannabis on October 17, 2018 has prompted municipalities throughout the province to consider how they will regulate production, whether retail stores will be permitted, and how issues related to recreational use of cannabis be addressed.
The Town of Halton Hills published a survey on its consultation platform to give the community an opportunity to share their thoughts on cannabis. Additional information is available here.
Capital Construction Projects
Each year the Town undertakes capital projects to maintain, upgrade and rehabilitate municipal infrastructure including roads, bridges, storm sewers and other related assets. In 2018, a number of road reconstruction, resurfacing and rehabilitation projects were undertaken with all projects managed, administered and/or inspected by Town staff. Council was provided with a complete list of projects including accompanying details, schedule and highlights.
Town Business Plans
Town Departmental Business Plans will be presented and discussed on January 7 during the Community and Corporate Affairs (CCA) Committee meeting and on January 8 during the Planning, Public Works and Transportation (PPT) Committee meeting. See the schedule below:
Departmental Business Plans during CCA on January 7:
- Corporate Services 2019 Business Plan Presentation
- Fire Services 2019 Business Plan Presentation
- Library Services 2019 Business Plan Presentation
- Office of the CAO 2019 Business Plan Presentation
- Recreation and Parks 2019 Business Plan Presentation
Departmental Business Plans during PPT on January 8:
- Planning and Sustainability 2019 Business Plan Presentation
- Transportation and Public Works 2019 Business Plan Presentation