Councillor Ann Lawlor
Ann was elected as a Ward 4 representative to Council in 2010. Before taking public office, Ann’s professional career included 10 years as an account executive in the family-owned marketing company; five years as the director of a non-profit social service agency and three years managing her own consulting business.
In addition to her Council work, Ann administers historic Devereaux House where she is responsible for facility management, community outreach and support to the non-profit board of directors.
As a Town Councillor, Ann sits on the Halton Hills Public Library Board, and the following committees: Community and Corporate Affairs, Sustainability Implementation, Active Transportation, Intensification Study Steering Committee, Regional Waste Management and Chamber of Commerce Tourism Committee
As a volunteer community leader, Ann has served on a number of boards and associations. Her involvement has included:
- Chair, Halton Hills Doors Open
- Founding Co-Chair, Halton Hills Syrian Refugee Settlement Committee
- Founding Member, Community Support Network of Halton Hills
- Director, Halton Hills Community Energy Corporation
- Director, Georgetown Hospital Foundation
- Founding Board Member, United Way of Halton Hills
- Founding Chair, Friends of Devereaux House
- President, CFUW (University Women’s Club)
- Charter Member, Friends of the Old Seed House Garden
- Citizen Appointee, Heritage Halton Hills
Ann believes in thinking globally while acting locally. She has a long-time passion for effective government, which is enhanced by her academic training. Ann holds a master’s degree in public administration.