The leaves are changing colour and the air is crisp! What better way to enjoy a beautiful fall day then hiking a local trail. Halton Hills trails offer various levels of difficulty and terrain, so get the whole family together for fresh air and quality time on a trail.
Check out two common ways to find local parks and trails:
- Download the Halton Hills Trail map, or pick up a printed copy at a local Town of Halton Hills facility in your area. Perfectly packable in your back pocket for your next outing.
- Using a desktop or mobile device, visit our MapLinks webpage (digital mapping tool) and choose options like ‘trails’ or ‘parks’ from the menu. TIP: to see a Google-like satellite view, check the box labeled ‘Ortho 2015’. MapLinks is a great tool to use on your smartphone while you’re on the trail or walking around town.
• Features & Destinations
• Learn about local wildlife and plants
• See trails, terrain and level of difficulty
• and more!
Download Trail Map Now!
Experience all of the Benefits of Hiking
Improve Your Health
Hiking is an activity that everyone can enjoy regardless of his or her fitness level. A regular brisk, walking routine can greatly reduce your chances of heart problems and offers numerous benefits including muscle toning, bone density, improved circulation, weight loss, keeping joints mobile and flexible, easing digestion and lowering blood pressure.
Connect With Others
Joining a hiking group is a great way to be active and meet new people with similar interests. Create fun for the whole family! Spending quality time together on a trail can provide the opportunity to really get to know one and other.
Overall Well Being & Mental Health
Refresh your mind by hiking through natural surroundings. The escape that the trails provide can have a positive effect on your stress level, revitalizing your mind, reducing fatigue and increasing your energy.
Trails offer the opportunity to learn about and experience nature. Investigate all the beauty that exists right in your own backyard.
- Stay on marked trails. Follow the signage that will guide you safely along the pathway.
- Keep to the right. This allows others to travel by you safely.
- Trails are a great place for you to exercise with your pet. Please keep all pets on a leash and be sure to clean up anything left behind.
- Please place garbage in receptacles provided. Garbage bins are located at entrance and exit points.
- Do not disturb plants or wildlife.
- Please be cautious of poison ivy.
- Respect the privacy of neighbouring residents.
- Enjoy cycling and in-line skating on our paved trails, but be sure to wear protective gear and always yield to pedestrians. When passing, provide a sound to let others know that you are moving past.
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed on any trail.
Links & Resources
Credit Valley Conservation
Hamlet of Glen Williams Side Trail