Permanent or Portable Signs Information
The Town of Halton Hills' Sign By-law controls any sign located outside a building wall, whether on private property or Town road allowance.
A Building Permit is required for a Permanent Sign.
A Portable Sign Permit is required for a temporary sign.
Section 6 of the Sign By-law describes signs not requiring a permit.
Portable Sign Permit Application Forms:
- Permanent or Portable Sign Variance Package
- Portable Sign Permit Application for 12 Month Road Allowance
- Portable Sign Permit Application for 30 Day
- Portable Sign Permit Application for 60 Days
- Property Owners Consent to Display a Portable Sign on Private Property
- Certificate of Insurance
A variance process is available where the sign cannot be erected in compliance with the by-law. The process takes approximately 3 months.
For further information regarding the following please contact 905-873-2601 Ext. 2924:
- Permanent or Portable Signs and Variances
- Building Permits (required for a permanent sign)
The Town has no jurisdiction on Regional roads or provincial highways. Permanent Signs on private property adjacent to provincial highways require a permit from the Ministry of Transportation before a Town of Halton Hills' Permit can be issued.