Parking is regulated in the Town of Halton Hills for public safety, maintenance and accessibility of our residents. Maintenance of public parking lots are completed by the Town’s Public Work Division.
Permission to Park
Uniform Traffic Control By-law No. 84-1 prohibits parking
2:00 A.M. – 6:00 A.M. November 15 to April 15.
- On all streets for longer than 5 hours under the jurisdiction of the Town of Halton Hills, unless authorized signs indicating otherwise see: Parking Exemptions
- The Town of Halton Hills provides free parking at several lots in Georgetown and Acton.
- Overnight parking is prohibited in municipal parking lots between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- Main St. North*
- Willow Street South*
- Back Street*
- Draper Street*
- Market Street*
- Wesleyan Street*
*Limited Permits for Municipal Lots
- Limited monthly parking is available on municipal lots for overnight parking from 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
- Parking permits are required and monthly permit fees will apply. See Transportation and Public Works User Fees
- To obtain a parking permit, please contact the Public Works Division at 905-873-2601 ext. 2603.
The Town does give consideration to allow residents to park on the street for a limit of six (6) occasions (per vehicle) per year, maximum four (4) days in length. Considerations are granted for overnight guests, driveway repairs or special functions. A parking consideration only exempts the registered vehicle from the five hour parking by-law and the ban on parking between 2AM and 6AM. All other parking by-laws will remain in effect.
Any parking exemption granted by the Town will be revoked, without notice, and becomes null and void where the parking activity interferes with snow removal or road maintenance. To prevent ticketing, applicants are required to monitor weather conditions and act in accordance with the Town’s by-laws.
Under no circumstance are considerations granted for commercial vehicles, trailers or recreational vehicles.
Overnight parking or five hour street parking is for Personal Vehicles only.
Uniform Traffic Control By-law No. 84-1 prohibits on-street parking
Daily from 2:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. November 15 to April 15.
For inquiries, please contact 905-873-2601 extension 2330.
TOWN OF HALTON HILLS RESIDENTS ONLY
On-Street Parking Exemptions are limited to six (6) occasions (per vehicle) per year, maximum four (4) days.
Uniform Traffic Control By-law No. 84-1 prohibits parking:
2:00 A.M. – 6:00 A.M. November 15 to April 15.
Applies to all streets under the jurisdiction of the Town of Halton Hills, unless authorized signs indicating otherwise are specifically posted. Motorists are reminded that By-law No. 84-1 also prohibits the parking of a vehicle on all Town roads for longer than five(5) consecutive hours at any single location, unless otherwise specifically posted.
On-street parking hinders snow clearing and other road maintenance operations. Your co-operation is requested.
Winter On-Street Parking Prohibition
(Effective November 15 to April 15)
- On-street parking is prohibited between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- Effective on all Town streets, unless posted as a ‘12 Hour’ limit zone.
- Regulation is proactively enforced during the winter months.
- This regulation helps to facilitate winter road maintenance activities.
Please see the Parking Pamphlet for more information.
The placing or pushing of snow or ice onto roadways or cleared sidewalks will obstruct or encumber vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Do Not push snow across roadways because the trail of snow does turn to ice. The Town's Obstruction, Encumbering or Fouling of Highways By-law No. 90-68 prohibits such action.
AUTHORITIES MAY HAVE SNOW AND ICE REMOVED AT THE PROPERTY OWNER'S EXPENSE
Improper snow and ice clearing can be a serious hazard to motorists and pedestrians. Your co-operation is requested. Please comply with the requirements of this Bylaw.
The winter season will soon be upon us. Be alert for snow plows and stay back at least 15 meters behind the trucks. Please avoid parking on streets during snowstorms to assist Public Works staff with winter control.
For further information please contact the Municipal Law Enforcement Coordinator at 905-873-2601 Ext. 2330
- No person shall Park a Vehicle on a Fire Route where Authorized Signs have been erected and maintained which prohibits Parking.
- No Person shall Stop a Vehicle on a Fire Route where Authorized Signs have been erected and maintained which prohibits Stopping.
- Halton Hills By-law to Designate and Regulate Fire Routes
- No person shall park a Vehicle in a Accessible Parking Space unless a current valid Permit has been issued to that person, organization or to a passenger being picked up or transported in the Vehicle and Such Permit must be displayed on or in the Vehicle in accordance with requirements of the Highway Traffic Act.
- Halton Hills By-law By-law to regulate off-street parking
Pay your parking and speeding tickets online.
AUTHORITIES MAY HAVE VEHICLES TICKETED OR TOWED AWAY AT THE OWNER'S EXPENSE.
Motorists should note that Town Parking Enforcement Officers will be on patrol through the duration of the parking restriction period and will ticket and/or have the offending vehicle removed.