Town of Halton Hills Official Plan
The Town of Halton Hills Official Plan was adopted by Town Council in September 2006, approved by Halton Region in March 2008, and consolidated in January 2017. The 2017 consolidation of the Official Plan consolidates Official Plan Amendments Nos. 1-15, 17-21, and 23-28. A list of these Official Plan Amendments can be found here.
The Official Plan sets out the Town’s policies for growth and development through to 2031, and applies to all lands within the Town.
You may view or download the 2017 consolidation of the full Official Plan or individual sections at the links below.
- Full Official Plan (25.0 MB)
- Preamble (1.2MB)
- Introduction (1.5MB)
- Part A: Community Vision, Goals, and Strategic Objectives (0.8MB)
- Part B: Environmental and Open Space Land Use Policies (1.1MB)
- Part C: Environmental Management Policies (0.9MB)
- Part D: Urban Land Use Policies (2.1MB)
- Part E: Agricultural/Rural Land Use Policies (1.0MB)
- Part F: General Development Policies (4.1MB)
- Part G: Plan Implementation and Administration (0.8MB)
- Part H: Secondary Plans (3.7MB)
- Mapping – Georgetown (A3, A3-1, A4, A5) (2.5MB)
- Mapping – Acton (A6, A6-1, A7) (1.4MB)
- Mapping – Rural Area (A1, A2, A9, A10, A11, A12, A13, A14, A15, A16) (2.6MB)
- Mapping – Premier Gateway Employment Area (A8, A17) (1.3MB)
- Mapping – Transportation (B1, B2) (1.3MB)
- Mapping – Secondary Plans (H2, H3, H4-1, H4-2) (2.3MB)
- Appendices (6.2MB)
Municipally-initiated Official Plan Amendments
Any municipally-initiated Official Plan Amendments that have been proposed or brought into effect after January 1, 2017 are listed below:
- Official Plan Amendment No. 22 (OPA 22) is a municipally initiated OPA that implements the final recommendations of the Mature Neighbourhoods Character Study, and was approved by Council on May 29, 2017 through By-law No. 2017-0032. Please note that OPA 22 is also accompanied by Zoning By-law Amendment 2017-0033, which was also approved by Council on May 29, 2017 through By-law No. 2017-0033. Following a 20-day appeal period, OPA 22 and ZBA 2017-0033 were brought into effect on June 29, 2017.
- Draft Official Plan Amendment No. 30 is a municipally initiated OPA that proposes to designate up to 75 ha of additional land for employment uses to be added to the Town’s Urban Area adjacent to the Phase 1B Premier Gateway Employment Area. These lands are being added to replace the shortfall of employment lands within the Town as a result of lands being lost to corridor protection for GTA West/HPBATS.
Privately-initiated Official Plan Amendments
When a development application is submitted to the Town that does not comply with the Town’s Official Plan, a privately-initiated Official Plan Amendment (OPA) is required. Please note that if a development application does not comply with the Town’s Zoning By-law, a Privately-initiated Zoning By-law Amendment will also be required. In accordance with the Planning Act, all Official Plan Amendments are subject to a Statutory Public Meeting, prior to Council adoption of the OPA. Town of Halton Hills Council, and in some cases Halton Region, must approve all Official Plan Amendments. If an OPA is appealed, it must be approved by the Ontario Municipal Board.
Any privately-initiated Official Plan Amendments that have been proposed or brought into effect after January 1, 2017 are listed below:
- Official Plan Amendment No. 29 (OPA 29) is a privately-initiated OPA for a 115-unit seniors’ residence at 193-197 Mountainview Road North and 111, 115 John Street, and was approved by Council on December 12, 2016 through By-law No. 2016-0073. Following a 20-day appeal period, OPA 29 was brought into effect on January 10, 2017.
Applying for an Official Plan Amendment
For more information on applying for a Privately-initiated Official Plan Amendment, please refer to the documents below: