Recreation & Parks Strategic Action Plan
It has been 5 years since Council approved the 2007 Recreation and Parks Strategic Action Plan (SAP). The time horizon for the Plan was estimated at 10 years. Not only does 2012 represent the mid-way point in the Plan, it is also timely to review the document in light of recently released Census information, and more specifically population counts.
The 2007 Recreation and Parks Strategic Action Plan addressed:
- WHY does Town of Halton Hills provide the recreational programs, services and facilities that it offers?
- HOW can Town of Halton Hills address recreational needs while being financially responsible?
- WHAT needs to be done in order to address the public's needs for recreation services?
The purpose of the 5 Year Report Card is to:
- Provide an overview on population projections and impact on the provision of services – Rising Population
- Highlight the accomplishments to date of the 10 year plan – Action Taken
- Identify items to be monitored and maintained – Monitoring Services
- Outline pending projects for the remaining 5 year period – Forward Action
- Recreation & Parks Strategic Action Plan, September 2007 (PDF)
- Recreation & Parks Strategic Action Plan Cover (PDF)
- R-2007-0044 - Recreation and Parks Strategic Action Plan (PDF)