The official website for the Town of Halton Hills Ontario Canada. Halton Hills includes Georgetown, Acton, Stewarttown, Glenwilliams, Norval, Hornby, Limehouse, and Terra Cotta. Get Municipal News, By-law Information, Sustainability Tips, Recreation Swimming/Skating Schedules and everything else you would need to know about living, visiting, doing business in Halton Hills Ontario.

My Favourites


    How to Use the Favourites Menu
    Cold Alert: Warming Centres Region Statement

    Heritage Register Designated Properties

    The Heritage Register is meant to be a celebration of the Town’s Heritage and an example of all kinds of properties within the Town’s boundaries that are important to our community for architectural and historical reasons and that add cultural value to our community for the purpose that it served in the community in the past or in the present.


    Designated Properties Designated Under PART IV of the Ontario Heritage Act

    These documents are available in an alternate accessible format. For more information please call: 905-873-2601 ext: 2356 or email Ashley Mancuso

    Property By-law/Report Civic Address Heritage Value
    Acton Town Hall 1989-0012
    19 Willow Street
    1883; Italianate style monumental Town Hall for former Town of Acton which was the center of cultural and administrative activity.
    Barber Paper Mill 2008-0113
    99 River Drive
    Con 10, Lot 18 Esquesing
    1854; An excellent example of a late nineteenth century industrial complex and is a prominent local landmark.
    Beaumont Knitting Mill 1990-0045
    586 Main Street
    Glen Williams
    c. 1872; Former Tweedle Saw Mill and limestone industrial building. Associated with significant early settlers and fathers of Glen Williams.
    Presbyterian Church
    9185 Third Line
    1868; Gothic Revival limestone Church with strong cultural value. Built by James Smith, named after Thomas Boston.
    Cedarvale Park
    181, 183 & 185 Main Street South, Georgetown In 1923, “Cedar Vale” Farm was the site of Canada’s first international humanitarian resettlement effort, rescuing orphans of The Armenian Genocide. It later became a United Church Girls’ School. Includes Freeman-Bradley House, Cedarvale Community Centre and Cedarvale Cottage
    Craiglea House 1988-0007
    9722 Third Line
    c. 1827; "First" frame house, associated with John Stewart, rebel.  Housed William Lyon Mackenzie (first mayor of Toronto and rebellion leader).
    Devereaux House 2014-0015
    11494 Trafalgar Road
    Con 7, Lot 18
    1856; Good example of Ontario farm house from the Revival era of Classic architecture displaying Greek and Roman styles. Built by the Devereaux family who were United Empire Loyalists.
    Originally placed on the Heritage Register on June 25, 2007. (CL-2007-0012)
    Duff House 1993-0209
    9690 25 HWY
    c. 1870; Gothic Revival limestone farm house. Fine example of a typical southern Ontario farmhouse.
    Forbes House
    (formerly the British Hotel)
    401 Draper Street
    Good example of a three-bay Georgian residence. Originally placed on the Heritage Register on January 9, 2012, during Phase II.
    Georgetown Public
    Library (Cultural Centre)
    9 Church Street
    1877; Former Congregational Church in Gothic style. Has long been a centre of Georgetown’s activity (acted as a church, library and now a cultural centre).
    Glen Williams Town Hall 2008-0004
    1 Prince Street
    Glen Williams
    1871; Built of local brick in a Colonial Cape Cod style. It has been central to the history of the Village & associated with Canadian author LMM.
    Jacob Kennedy House 2014-0004
    16 George Street
    Typical example in Georgetown of Edwardian era worker housing with connections to the early Georgetown pioneering Charles Kennedy family; The Jacob Kennedy family were residents of the house for approximately 10 years. (c1906)
    Laidlaw House and
    the Frazier Shop
    519 and 521 Main Street
    Glen Williams
    Laidlaw House was built in 1858 by James S. Laidlaw. The Frazier Shop, built in 1847 by Thomas Frazier, is an excellent preserved example of an early Victorian commercial building.  Also associated with Timothy Eaton (future founder of the T. Eaton commercial empire) who was hired to serve as a clerk and bookkeeper.
    Lilac Lawns 1996-0171
    475 Guelph Street
    c. 1856; Classical Revival red brick residence.
    Report Nos. CL-1996-0060 and CL-2008-0061
    (Beatty House)
    98 Church Street East
    1897; Queen Anne style residence associated with a newspaper editor and tannery manager.
    Norval Church of Christ 2013-0048
    9924 Winston Churchill Blvd., Norval c. 1840; unique round log construction built by John Menzies (building was moved to its current location) who was instrumental in establishing a Disciples of Christ congregation in Norval.
    Norval Presbyterian Manse 2017-0048
    402 Draper Street, Norval Two-storey red brick neo-Italianate house built in 1888 as the manse for the Norval Presbyterian Church. It was also the home of Lucy Maud Montgomery (the author of the “Anne of Green Gables” books) from 1926 to 1935 when her husband was the minister to the adjacent church.
    Norval Presbyterian Caretaker’s Cottage 2017-0048
    404 Draper Street, Norval One and a half storey house was constructed c.1840. It is a representative example of a simple pioneering house and includes a balanced symmetrical front façade reflecting the influence of the Georgian style of architecture, a front porch and a saltbox roof. It was originally situated on the adjacent lot but was moved to this location in 1887 to provide space for the construction of the Norval Presbyterian Manse at 402 Draper Street. It was then used as the church caretaker’s cottage.
    Perkins House 2016-0004
    88 Bower Street
    1891; two-storey brick house constructed in an irregular “T” design of the Gothic Revival style.
    Reid’s Hardware
    (Shepherd’s Crook formerly Goodlet’s)
    86 Main Street South
    1879; Remaining third of limestone commercial block.
    Rolling Hills Farm 2016-0054

    14249 Tenth Line
    Concession 10
    Part Lots 31 & 32,
    The 1883 house is crafted of stone, likely quarried on this property and includes an ice house attached to the main building. The large barn from circa 1890 reflects the bank barn construction common to this area.
    Speyside Royal Oak
    11445 25 HWY
    Con 3, Lot 18 (Esquesing)
    1937; Planted May 12, 1937, at Dublin School to commemorate the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth. The tree was transplanted to Speyside Public School when it opened in 1960.
    Waldie House
    17 McNabb Street
    Con 9, Lot 18
    A two and a half storey red brick house that is a representative example of the Edwardian/American Foursquare style of architecture. One of three similar houses built by Robert John Waldie at the intersection of McNabb and King Streets. These houses are landmark features in a streetscape of smaller frames houses.
    Williams-Holt House
    504 Main Street
    Lot 53
    RCP Plan 1556
    (Glen Williams)
    Built as a cabinet and chair factory by Issac Williams, son of the Glen Williams founder Benajah Williams. Associated with the neighboring tool factory since both buildings are the same size and have identical facades. Good example of the Georgian style.
    Williams Mill 1988-0018
    515 Main Street
    Glen Williams
    c. 1852 / 1901; Village saw mill built by Williams family and first hydro-electric plant.


    Designated Under PART V of the Ontario Heritage Act

    Property By-law/Report Civic Address Heritage Value
    Syndicate Housing
    Heritage Conservation
    2005-0021 (Plan)
    69, 71, 75, 77, 79, 81, 83, 85, 87 & 89 Bower Street
    1882; Second Empire semi-detached brick working-class residences built by local business owners.




    Send a message to
    *You will be copied on this email.