Community Sustainability Investment Fund
The Town of Halton Hills is committed to taking local actions that lead to a better quality of life. This means a Halton Hills that enjoys cultural vibrancy, economic prosperity, a healthy environment and social well-being.
This future is captured in our Community Sustainability Strategy - Imagine Halton Hills. The Strategy is rooted in the hopes and dreams of Halton Hills residents, businesses and organizations. The Strategy’s implementation will require active participation by community stakeholders.
To encourage and assist local stakeholders in introducing actions that contribute to the Strategy’s implementation, Town Council has approved a new Community Sustainability Investment Fund. The Fund’s objectives include:
- Financial support for eligible, practical, community-based initiatives that advance the Community Sustainability Strategy;
- Providing ‘seed’ funding;
- Assisting applicants in leveraging funding from other sources;
- Establishing partnerships between the Town and the community;
- Enhancing quality of life through a focus on cultural vibrancy, economic prosperity, environmental health and social well-being;
- Supporting the Town’s Strategic Plan which has identified sustainability as one of Council’s priorities.
- Up to a maximum of $2,000, per project, per Applicant, per intake period may be funded.
- A maximum of $10,000 may be funded per intake period.
- Multiple applications may be made by the same Applicant.
- Funds will be distributed based on funding availability, number and quality of applications received, as well as the amount of funding requested.
The application deadline is: Friday April 28, 2017 by 4:30 p.m.
Need More Information? Please contact: