Provincial legislation, the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, gives municipalities the authority to pass and enforce by-laws. Municipal Law Enforcement Officers in the Transportation and Public Works Department respond to complaints of infractions related to certain municipal by-laws and related Provincial statutes. Legal action commences only when deficiencies are outstanding.
It is the goal of staff to educate the public with respect to the laws and to negotiate compliance.
Property Standards Enforcement deals with matters/violations related to the following:
- Fence By-law 2002-0060
- Pool Enclosure By-law 2009-0028 - Guide for Pool Owners
- Property Standards By-law relating to building and structures 2008-0137
- Sign By-law 2003-0065
- Info - Portable Sign Permit Applications
- Permanent or Portable Sign Variance Package
- Two-Unit House By-law 96-174 - Guide to Two Unit House Registration (including application)
To view the Zoning and Property Standards Enforcement pamphlet click here.
Inquiries and complaints should be directed to 905-873-2601 Ext. 2924.
Information regarding all other Town By-laws and related Provincial statutes, is available by contacting 905-873-2600.