The Building section derives its authority from the Ontario Building Code Act. Plans examination prior to issuance of Building Permits and on site inspections to ensure Code compliance are the main responsibilities. Structural, architectural, mechanical (heating, air conditioning and ventilation), plumbing, health and safety aspects of the designs are reviewed in the office and inspected during construction. All types of construction (for example: new, additions, renovations, demolitions and alternations) defined under the Ontario Building Code Act would fall within the scope of this section, for all types of buildings, including residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, farm buildings, signs, tents, demolitions, etc.
Our Services includes
- Processing building permit applications and issuing permits for the construction, demolition, renovations, alterations and repairs of buildings and change of use.
- Plans examination of the design documentation submitted in support of the applications for permits.
- Performing mandatory inspections and inspections of unsafe buildings
- Issuing pool enclosure permits
- Review and Inspect all new or renovated/altered buildings to ensure compliance with Ontario Building Code (OBC) and the Town's Building By-law.
Our multi-disciplined team of professionals and administrative staff is committed to satisfy our customers needs and promote safety of buildings through the application of appropriate uniform building standards.
New Interim Changes to the 2006 Ontario Building Code to be enforced on or after January 1, 2012.
New Occupancy requirements for Houses
New energy efficiency requirements effective January 1, 2012
The new provincial form must be used for applications submitted on or after January 1, 2011.
New provincial building permit application form
For code related issues please contact
Phone: 905-873-2601 ext. 2924.
For general email inquiries to the Building Services section, contact us.