Building Permits Not Required
You are not required to obtain a building permit to perform the following:
- Accessory buildings not greater than 10m2 (108 ft2). Compliance with the Town's Zoning By-law for property set back lines is required.
- Air conditioning units for houses
- Kitchen or bathroom cupboards (building permit required if plumbing is necessary)
- Replacing plumbing fixtures
- Damp-proofing basements (only membranes)
- Planters and landscaping
- Retaining walls less than 1 m in height
- Erect a fence, other than a pool enclosure. Compliance with the Fence By-law is required. In accordance with the Swimming Pool Enclosure By-law, permits are required for pool enclosure fencing.
- Replacement furnaces if the new and old furnaces have simple output and use the same fuel.
- Replacing roof shingles on a residential dwelling
- Painting decorating or general maintenance
For all of the above projects you are still required to comply with the requirements of the Town of Halton Hills Zoning By-law.
Please feel free to contact our Building Permit Coordinator for assistance:
905-873-2601 ext. 2924 or email for more information.