Volunteers are the heart of the Hillsview Active Living Centre, and their contribution is invaluable. If you would like to make a meaningful difference in your community and are ready for new interests and challenges, please come volunteer with us!
Join our Volunteer Team
We can provide you with opportunities to enhance your skills in leadership, teamwork, decision making strategy and interpersonal relationships. You will make a difference in the Active Living Centres and within the community. We welcome student volunteers requiring their 40 hours of volunteer service.
- Board of Directors
- Fundraiser or Fundraising Development
- Grant Writing
- Special Event planning and support
- Program Planning
- Reception Desk
- Kitchen Assistance
- Computer experience to deliver workshops/training
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 905-873-0057.
Benefits of Volunteering
While volunteers give of themselves and help others in positive ways, it has been proven that they receive much in return including:
- A personal sense of accomplishment through skill development and enriching experiences
- Motivation and enthusiasm
- New and lasting friendships and relationships
- Health benefits of greater longevity, improved functional ability and increased happiness!
Volunteers at Work
Volunteers are people from all walks of life, all ages and stages. What they have in common is the desire to make a difference in their community – and in their own life – by giving of their time and expertise.